GGRLC Adoptable Dogs
It's the first Adoptable Dog Friday of December which means you still have time to adopt a new furry friend in time for the holidays. Twenty-three goldens from Grateful Golden Retriever Rescue are still looking for their forever homes. Click here for an adoption application. GGRLC is also proud to announce their Golden Gourmet Cookbook! All proceeds from the cookbook will go to the medical care of GGRLC's goldens.
- Blanton is a very sweet 7ish year old red boy who found himself residing in a high kill shelter when no one came to claim him. As you can see he is an extremely thin boy and will need to eat high quality puppy food to get the needed calories to gradually gain a few pounds. Blanton is UTD on vaccinations and was recently neutered and recuperating in his foster home with his foster sibling Gabby. Once recovered entirely from his neutered he will be re-tested for heartworm. If you would like to support dogs like Blanton with his medical expenses please check out our home page and sign up for the upcoming Kerry Mensching Memorial Tee Off for Goldens. All proceeds are used for the medical needs of sweet and deserving Goldens like Blanton who need their second chance at a happy and loving life. Update: Blanton has gainded 10 lbs and will begin his heartworm treatment soon.
- Sokka is a very sweet and obedient 7 year old UTD, Neutered and Heartworm Negative dog. He has excellent house manners and loves to go for a ride. He recently had a mass cell removed but he has a clean bill of health as his path reports it was removed completely. Sokka is looking for a home where he would be the center of attention and the only furkid in the house soaking up the love.
- Nick is a handsome boy about a year old that was pulled from a high-kill shelter in the "nick of time". He is a little boy who has obviously been someone's inside pet since he definitely has some house manners and knows some basic commands. He is a featherweight at 43 lbs. but just cute as a button! He is up-to-date on his shots, heartworm negative and doing very well in his foster home with his petite Golden foster sister. He is scheduled to be neutered soon and Nick would make a wonderful addition to a family looking for a smaller boy, especially if there are younger children in the home. Update: Nick has been neutered and has his bags packed. He is hoping to find a home where someone will be home with him so he doesn't get lonely.
- Sloane (meaning fighter) was found on the side of the road by a good Samaritan passing by when she saw head lift up from the ground. Upon approaching she found Sloane lying there. He tried to wag his tail but it was matted to his injured leg. Sloan is a 6 year old boy, extremely sweet. He is good with other dogs, cats and loves children. He had been previously neutered and he has had his rabies vaccination to date. Update: Sloane has put on a couple of pounds but the vet does not want to put him through his heartworm treatment until the first week of December. Once his heartworm is completed the vet wants to give him good recuperating time before doing his hip surgery in March. Sloane needs his sponsors and if you are interested in donating to his medical needs please click on the DONATE button. Update: Sloane is the most awesome dog, playful, affectionate, great with kids, cats, small and large dogs, housebroken, doesn't chew and loves to chase the tennis ball. Just a PERFECT dog for some very lucky family.
5. Pappy & Mister
- Pappy and Mister: These 2 handsome guys are Pappy and Mister, father and son, 11 and 6 yrs old respectively. They both have great house manners and while Pappy is very outgoing, Mister is a little shy. We'd love for them to go to a home together, but if that's not possible, Mister in particular would probably do best in a home with another dog. Both are up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm negative, are neutered, and have their bags packed.
- Sugar – This beautiful 6 yr old girl had very little contact with people until she came into rescue but she has slowly come to trust people and interact with her canine foster siblings. She’s still very timid around children, so she’d be best in a quiet home with no young children. She’d probably enjoy another dog to interact with and to “show her the ropes.” Her bags are packed and she’s ready for a patient, loving home!
- Honey – Like Sugar, this petite 6 year old is slowly learning to be a part of a family and enjoys pets and hugs. She’s still a little timid, but she’s learning to go for walks like a pro! When outside, she enjoys playing with the other dogs, and when back inside, she enjoys just chillin’ in her favorite chair. She’s looking for a quiet loving family with the patience to help her continue to come out of her shell. Her bags are packed!
- Nellie is a beautiful girl, approximately 3 years old, that we pulled from a shelter. This gorgeous blonde girl has had several litters, according to our vet, but that won't happen any longer since she is scheduled to be spay very soon. She is up to date on her shots but is heartworm positive and once she recovers from her spay she will begin her heartworm treatment. Her foster mom happily reports that she is eating well, good in the crate, great with children, dogs and cats, and just loves to give kisses. Nellie will make a great Goldie girl for some lucky family.
- Sophie is the name my foster Dad gave me because he wanted me to feel beautiful. It isn't so easy right now since someone shaved my coat and did a horrible job! I feel so naked right now, but my foster Mom and Dad say I'm beautiful inside and out and my beautiful golden coat will grow back. I'm a sweet, mature female of 8 to 10 years young. I'm a low maintenance girl who loves cuddling with her people and playing with a ball. I'm looking for a relaxed home environment where my people will shower me with love and I promise they will get lots of love in return. If you think your home is the perfect one for me, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!
- Gabby is a 8 year old blonde girl who was rescued by some good Samaritans as she was about to wander onto the busy highway. Gabby is extremely sweet and affectionate. Gabby is looking for her seeing eye family as SHE IS BLIND. She is good with other dogs and cats and loves everyone she meets. She is UTD on vaccinations and heartworm negative. It is not for sure if she has a spay scar, but doing a surgery was not possible until her skin clears up and she puts some weight on. When she returns to the vet for her checkup we will check her again for a spay scar. Gabby will probably do well in a home with another dog to help be her eyes.
- Kenai is a sweet 2 year old boy who was a stray and ended up at the shelter. They gave us a call to let us know they had a very sweet, laid back boy who was sad and our volunteers jumped into action and brought him home. He is up-to-date on his vaccines, microchipped but has unfortunately tested positive for heartworms. We have him scheduled for his neuter soon and then we will get him started with his heartworm treatment. His foster Mom wrote the following about him: "He is soooooo cute and sweet too! He is truly the "bear of love". He just loves to be loved on and has a great temperament. Very child friendly and we also think he is cat friendly...we took him over to my friend's house (she has 3 cats) and he observed the cats very quietly - I think he was curious about them, but didn't growl or go after them, just watched." Stay tuned for an update on this wonderful boy. Update: Kenai has been neutered and will begin his heartworm treatment soon! Update: Kenai has started his heartworm treatment and after a few weeks of R&R will have his bags packed.
- Mac is a 3 year old boy who was picked up by animal control. He had a severe injury to his right leg and the paw was almost severed. The shelter staff rush him to the Vet and amputation was the only option to save Mac. But he needed more than that as he is heartworm positive. He quickly became a favorite of the staff and they couldn't bear to see him not make it out of the shelter because of his surgery and then being heartworm positive. Fortunately they contacted us and he is in a loving foster home starting his treatment. He gets along fine on 3 legs and is just a joy to have around. He will be ready soon. Update: Mac has finished his heartworm treatment and this handsome and loving boy has his bags packed and is ready for a family of his own. No cats please!
- Hannah is a wonderful 10 year old girl looking for a home. She was very sadly turned in due to her owner's health issues. Hannah is up to date on shots and healthy. We will be getting her fully vetted this week and she should be ready for her new furever home. Update: Hannah has been fully vetted now and has her bags packed and is waiting patiently on her furever family!
- Missy is a classic fireside Golden girl who, for some reason, ended up in a shelter. She is 10 years young and looking for a nice home where she can enjoy her retirement and live a glorious golden life of leisure. Missy will provide excellent companionship and much Goldie love in return. She is taking applications for a forever home and would love for you to send yours in for consideration. Update: Missy tested positive for heartworms so she will begin her heartworm treatment after she recovers from her spay. Update: Missy has recovered from her spay and is getting ready to start her heartworm treatment. Update: We will be delaying Missy's heartworm treatment to treat her for some fluid detected in her lungs. In the meantime, she continues to be a happy girl who still has some spunk in her!
- Ginger: "I am a petite girl with a big heart and lots of love to give. At the shelter, my name was Ginger. When I got to my foster home, I didn’t answer to it, so my foster parents changed my name to Daisy. It seems to suit me. I was nervous about getting in a car, loud noises, sudden movements, etc., when I first came here. But now, I’m the first one in the car and I love to go “Driving Miss Daisy.” I like everyone I have met – adults, children, dogs and they all seem to like me. I’m not sure about cats as there aren’t any at my foster home. Before I had my heartworm treatment, my foster folks took me to a lake for the weekend. I love to swim and I’m quite graceful at it, too. Riding on the pontoon boat was one of my favorite activities. My foster brother lets me sleep in his bed at night and during the day I am always close to him at naptime. But, he won’t share his food. I am quite a good eater and finish rapidly. Then I sit patiently by him and hope he will save me something. To date, he hasn’". Update: "Now that I have recovered from my heartworm treatment, I’m feeling great and back to my old energy level. I love to play with other dogs, tennis balls, or a Nylabone. I love to chase squirrels, too. My foster home has been fun, but I’m hoping to be in my forever home soon."
- King is a sweet 7 year old boy who was rescued from a very poor living situation. He was chained to a tree and infested with hundreds of fleas when we received a call from the authorities asking if we could take him. Fortunately with the help of a great volunteer we were able to get him the next day. Here is an update from his foster Dad: "Dr Hewitt fit us in today and over all King is in pretty good health, but is HW pos and they agree he is around 6 yrs old. He has a growth or cyst on the back of his neck that has burst and will need to be removed. They gave him an antibiotic for it and recommended that he put some weight on before the neuter and the cyst can be removed at the same time. He has lost a lot of hair and has skin problems, but both are probably caused by the fleas so we will watch both and see if they improve. He weighs 50 lbs. They think he should weigh about 75. He has been a champ through this whole day and never even flinched with all of the poking and prodding at the vet. I think he just loved being touched and petted." Update: King has finished his HW treatment and is ready for a family to call his own.
- Oscar was turned in to a shelter, who immediately contacted us to help this sweet boy. He is approximately 4 yr old and gets along great with other dogs. He is up-to-date on his vaccinations and has been neutered. Unfortunately, he is heartworm positive and will begin his treatment after he recovers from his neuter. Update: Oscar has started his heartworm treatment and is doing very well. His bags will be packed soon!
- Finnegan is a handsome 2-3 year old Golden boy who, for some strange reason, landed in the shelter. He is a sweet, very lovable boy who strives to please his human. He is up-to-date on vaccines, microchipped, but is heartworm positive. This lover boy is scheduled for his neuter and as soon as he recovers, we will begin his heartworm treatment. Update: Finnegan has been neutered. Finnegan is putting on some much needed weight and is scheduled to start his HW treatment soon. This is one sweet boy!!
- Lady was rescued from an animal control facility where because of her age and condition she had no chance of leaving. Picked up as a stray we don't know what her life was like before but it is so hard to believe that someone could let this sweet girl get in such horrible shape. She is so obese that when we first got her she could barely walk. Couple that with a nasty skin infection, horrible mats and an eye infection she was miserable, yet in true Golden spirit she was so happy to see our volunteer. Once we whisked her out of animal control she was off to the Vet. She is double what she should weigh at 100 pounds. We had her thyroid tested and she does have low thyroid so she has started on medication for that. All of her blood work, checking her kidney and liver function, was fine so we were able to start her on antibiotics for her skin and urinary track infections. Amazingly she is heartworm negative!! Next of course was a spa treatment to get rid of all the filth and mats. She loved her bath and we have found she likes water so swim therapy is in her future. Her foster Mom reports that within a few days of starting her meds she is doing awesome. She is wandering around the house checking things out and is increasing her walking distance daily. With TLC this lady will return to a happy girl and will make some family very happy.
- Rosie – This sweet 4-year old is learning to enjoy the Golden Life. She loves playing with her canine siblings and is slowly overcoming her fears of a leash and bravely ventures out on walks with the family. She enjoys family time, especially piled up on her dog bed! Her bags are packed and she’s waiting for a quiet, patient family, especially with another dog to play with.
- This is Hope, a 5 year old cuddler lives to snuggle! She enjoys the company of her canine siblings but especially enjoys being with the family. She loves everyone, especially if they are petting her! Her bags are packed!
- Sydney is a sweet girl who is approximately 7-8 years old. She came back into rescue when her owner realized his 12 hour days at work just weren’t fair to her. She’s extremely calm, likes other dogs, learns new routines very quickly and loves cuddling. She’s a “talker” and can be quite hilarious when she’s expressing her opinion! She’s completely housebroken, is not destructive and enjoys being walked. She could easily adapt to “busy” or “laid-back” routines, as long as she is getting attention. She is spay, up-to-date on vaccinations and on heartworm preventative. She’ll be checked by the vet soon, and will have her bags after that.
- Lucy is a sweet girl who loves children and loves to cuddle. She is about 5-6 yr old and is up-to-date on vaccinations and spay. Unfortunately, she came to us heartworm positive, but she has had her treatment and is enjoying a few weeks of rest & relaxation before she has her bags packed for her new home.