Carolina Basset Hound Rescue Adoptable Dogs
On this week's Adoptable Dog Friday we are featuring Carolina Basset Hound Rescue. CBHR is a volunteer-staffed nonprofit organization whose mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome unwanted basset hounds in North and South Carolina. Be sure to check out their upcoming event, Howliday at the Beach, taking place in December. Please consider adopting one of these hounds in need! For a full list of all of CBHR's adoptable dogs click HERE.
- Hi, I'm Amber the puppy. I am a sweet little basset mix puppy about 6 months old who was dropped in the overnight drop box at the shelter. I am now free from the shelter and am being cared for by CBHR until I can be adopted by YOU! I'm very energetic and love everybody. I'll curl up with you on the couch or in bed and let you pet me for hours. I get along great with kids and other dogs. Take me on long walks or give me a nylabone to chew and I'm a happy girl! Won't you give me all the love and affection I deserve?
- I am Angel and I have had a rough life. When I was younger, I was used to make puppies for my owner. When they were done with me, they gave me away and then I was turned into the shelter. Somewhere along the way, I was mistreated and am a bit scared. However, I want to love and trust and will just need a little time. My foster Mom says that I will lean into any type of love and will offer my belly up for some rubbing. I want to love and trust again. My owners in the past didn't think enough of me to give me heartworm preventative, so I will need to go through heartworm treatment before I am available for adoption. But I promise that when I am well, I will make the most loving pet ever!
- Allow me introduce myself, my name in Benjamin Basset but I am better known around these parts as Benji. You may think I'm some what of a ladies man as I live with a Queen AND a Princess. Oh- and a cat too- she's a chick too. But, it's all cool. I just go with the flow. I love to hang out on the patio with my whole pack and watch the world go by. I'm a pretty easy going guy who walks very nice on my leash, loves to ride in the car, and even learned how to sit for a treat. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Hey- watch who you're calling old!! I'm a little on the lean side so foster momma is cooking up some good supper to get some meat on these bones of mine. Give me a holler- I'll have my bags packed in a jiffy.
- My foster home named me Bentley because I'm one classy guy. I'm very well mannered and am quiet, house trained. I also love to leave the house, walk on a leash and ride in a car. I get along fine with children, other dogs and even cats. I'm even learning to "talk" to my foster parents and they seem to know what I am saying. When I go out on the town, I make sure everyone knows I'm a friendly guy and then I wait for the petting to start. I am almost ready to be adopted and to make you my favorite person, as I am very loyal to my family.
- Looking for a nanny? Someone to look after your youngins? I'm Bessie and I'm you're girl! I could be of assistance and give them a warm belly to rub. I love the two legged small frys. I'm sweet as sugar and very laid back kind of gal. You won't get much nonsense from this ole gal but you will get all kinds of lovin and friendship. I'm just looking for a family of my very own and I think yours would be a perfect one! Don't mind my age, 10 is the new 5. Give CBHR a call today and ask for Bessie!
- Hi everyone, it's me Betsy! Some would say that I'm a senior citizen - well, I suppose I probably am, but I feel YOUNG! I might not be as pretty as I was in my younger years-but I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and at 13, I still have some good years left. I have a few lumps and bumps and get a little stiff now and then but I can run and romp with the best of them. I like to think of myself as refined and wise and more relaxed in my golden years. I am looking for someone that will just love me as much as I can love them. I can pack my bed and clothes fast, if you come and get me now!
- Hi everyone- my name is Bitsy and I am so very happy to be a CBHR hound! I had no idea life could be so good as when I was taken in by CBHR I was a skeleton. I am still learning there is lots of food and love for a bagel hound. Since coming to live with my foster Mom and her pack of 4 legged friends I have really come a long way. I have learned that there is food when you want it, friends to play with, a Mom to scratch my ears and love on me and plenty of places to stretch out in the sun. I have gained weight and learned to play. I love to sun bathe and always find the best places to work on my tan. I am still shy around people in the house, but love to come up to you when I am outside. I am very quiet and serene. Do you have a place at your house where I can keep up my tan? Life is sogreat here, but I would really like a furever home of my own. At 7 years old, I have a lot of life and love to give.
- Hi, I am Blue and I was just rescued from the shelter. I will let you know more about myself after I have my bags unpacked!
9. Chester Copperpot
- Hello everyone, my name is Chester. I found myself in the shelter but my owners wouldn't come pick me up because they didn't want me any longer, which I cannot understand because I am a wonderful boy. I like other dogs, big and small, and don't mind cats at all. I like small children and have a relaxed and quiet personality. Now, what I would really love is a great place to sunbathe, because that is one of my favorite activities! I am also housebroken, which would make me popular with Mom. So not only am I one handsome guy, but I have a sweet personality too. I would love a chance at a real forever home where I won't have to worry about being left without someone to care for me. Apply to adopt and tell the adoption coordinator that you are interested in me, Chester Copperpot.
10. Daisy Aspen
- Hi, I'm Daisy! I am a petite, housebroken, adorable 8 year old little basset hound! I sleep in my cozy little crate at night, or on the pillow next to my mom, or in my doggie bed in the bedroom. I enjoy rawhides and baby carrots. Mom takes to me to the “farm” and I can mosey around, I don’t run away but Mom keeps a leash on me anyway just in case! Lots of bunnies at the farm! My early years were a nightmare, tied to a tree sitting in water. Boy, was I glad when I was rescued. Life is good and I sure hope someone will give me a forever home. Meanwhile back at the ranch I am being treated like a princess!